Link to my Google Scholar page.
- Dunning, Kelly Heber (expected 2022, under contract) Democratic Management of an Ecosystem Under Threat: The People’s Reefs. London: Anthem Press.
- Dunning, Kelly Heber (2018 ) Communities of Coral: An Institutional and Ecological Analysis of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in Southeast Asia. London: Anthem Press. Link here
Select peer-reviewed journal publications
- Dunning, K.H. (2021). Unlikely environmental policy-making during the Trump administration: A multiple streams analysis of “America’s most successful conservation program.” Policy and Politics. URL here. PDF Dunning 2021.
- Nagy, R. et al. (including Dunning, K.) (2021) Harnessing the NEON data revolution to advance open environmental science with a diverse and data-capable community. Ecosphere. URL here.
- Dunning, K.H (2021) How are managers responding to local and global ecological stressors? The Case of Indonesian co-managed coral reefs in the Anthropocene. Marine Policy. URL here. PDF here Dunning 2021 MP.
- Dunning, K.H. (2021). Biodiversity Conservation Policy in Megadiverse Countries: Comparing Policy Systems for 2020 Targets to Inform Management in the Coming Decades. Journal of Environmental Management. URL here. PDF here Dunning 2021 JEM.
- Dunning, K.H. (2021) Adaptive Governance of Recreational Ecosystem Services Following a Major Hurricane. Ecosystem Services. URL here. PDF Dunning 2021 ES.
- Dunning, Kelly H. (2021) “Adaptive Governance: The proposed port expansion in the Cayman Islands and its impacts to coral reefs.” Marine Policy. Link here.
- Dunning, Kelly H. (2020) “Building resilience to natural hazards through coastal governance: a case study of Hurricane Harvey recovery in Gulf of Mexico communities.” Ecological Economics. Link here.
- Tunnell, J. W., Dunning, K. H., Scheef, L. P., & Swanson, K. M. (2020). Measuring plastic pellet (nurdle) abundance on shorelines throughout the Gulf of Mexico using citizen scientists: Establishing a platform for policy-relevant research. Marine pollution bulletin, 151, 110794. Link here.
- Dunning, Kelly Heber (2014) “Ecosystem Services and Community Based Coral Reef Management Institutions in Post Blast Fishing Indonesia.” Ecosystem Services. http://bit.ly/1Km1SJ5
- Dunning, Kelly Heber “Adaptive management and implementation in the American Natural Resources Bureaucracy”. Environmental Policy and Planning URL here
- Heber, Kelly (2013) “Community-based Coral Reef Management” Oxford Journal of Human Welfare. http://bit.ly/1SzkquR
- Dunning, K. (2021). “Valuing Reef Ecosystem Services Centering Community Voices.” Mitigation Matters Research Brief Series. here.
- Dunning, K. (2021). “Valuing Reef Ecosystem Services: Centering Community Voices to Mitigate Hazards.” Natural Hazards Center Mitigation Matters Grant Report Series, 2. Boulder, CO: Natural Hazards Center, University of Colorado Boulder. Available here or online.
Under review / Working papers